Declaration of the VI World Congress of Rusyns (Prague, 2001)
The Congress praises:
- The discussion of the work of the World Council of Rusyns since the last congress held from 25-26 June 1999 In Užhorod.
- The election of a new World Council of Rusyns: [members]
- The acceptance of the membership as a member of the World Congress of Rusyns the German-Rusyn Friendship Society of Munich, and after its registration the Society of Friends of Carpatho-Rus’ F.F. Aristov in Moscow and the Society of Rusyns in Moscow.
- The organization of the VII World Congress of Rusyns in Prešov in Slovakia.
The Congress takes into consideration:
- The results of the election of the World Council of Rusyns, president and vice-president of the World Council of Rusyns at its first meeting. The new president of the World Council of Rusyns has become Alexander Zozuljak and vice president Andrij Kopča.
The Congress bears on the World Council of Rusyns:
- To make a plan of action until the next, VII, World Congress of Rusyns.
- To make contact with Rusyn organizations in those countries which have not hitherto been contacted.
- Before 31 December, to ensure that a letter is received from the Organization of Rusyns in Hungary and Ruska Matka in Yugoslavia relating who will represent their organizations in the World Council of Rusyns. Until that tim the aforementioned organizations will be represented in the World Council of Rusyns by their regular members Gabriel Hattinger and Mihal Varga. If a letter does not arrive before the deadline, these members will remain as the organizations’ representatives.
- To inform the government of each state in which Rusyns live about the results of the VI World Congress of Rusyns, which is the first step in the process of realizing further regular contacts and cooperation with those governments. \
- To initiate the creation of an initiative group of young Rusyns under the age of 30 to convene a World Forum of Rusyn Youth parallel to the VII World Congress of Rusyns.
- To support the assurance of the rights of Rusyns at a level on par with those of other national minorities in the countries which want to enter into the European Union.
- To take under its sponsorship the central cultural activities of Rusyns in the various states upon the request of the organization in that state. One such activity is the Biennial of Rusyn Culture in Krynica, Poland.
- After each meeting of the World Council of Rusyns, to meet with members of Rusyn organizations in the state where the World council meeting was held.
- To register the World Congress of Rusyns with the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Slovakia, because Slovakia is the current center of the World Congress of Rusyns and the World Council of Rusyns. After registration, to open a banking account for the Congress and for the Council.
- To prepare the VII World Congress of Rusyns in Prešov in the Republic of Slovakia.